Please read the rules below, then call us at 404-377-4976 M-F from noon to 6pm to sign up!
**Please note: due to our holiday schedule, our next available open mic will take place on Monday, December 15th**
NEW: Starting May 19th, all artists will be served a group meal provided by The Attic starting at 6:30PM, with the host, Matt Arnett. Please don’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity to meet other artists playing and indulge in some delicious food and great company.
PLEASE READ THE RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING UP.
Songwriter’s Open Mic night continues to grow in popularity and draws a large and diverse crowd of listeners. Players may only be signed up for one future Monday time slot at a time, but you are welcome to sign up on a standby list for several other dates. To be placed on the standby list, call our office between 12pm and 6pm Monday through Friday. After you have performed your scheduled Open Mic time, you may sign up for another. Keep in mind that many Open Mic players book their next Open Mic gig when they come in for their performance, so slots fill up quickly. After signing up, make sure you let all of your friends, family & fans know you will be performing so they can come on out and show their support!
- $4 Initial sign-up cover fee / $3 cover per each additional performer
***$4 sign up fee is non-refundable***
- Please be aware that your time slot could change as much 15-20 minutes depending on logistics. Be prepared to perform ahead or behind your scheduled slot if necessary.
- Limited to 3 players per set.
- If you want to play keys, you must bring your own keys at 6:30pm for a sound check and also be willing to let others use them. We have to keep set up/tear down time to a minimum. Please let us know when you sign up if you are planning on bringing keys or if you have a set you’d be willing to share.
- No effects (i.e., looping, pedals, etc.), amps, or prerecorded tracks are allowed.
- Vocal mics, direct input plugs for guitars & keyboards, & instrument mics are provided.
- No full drum kits – only scaled down or hand-held percussion.
- We will send you an additional confirmation request the week before your performance. You must call or email to respond to our confirmation request by the Sunday before the show to secure your slot.
- Artists must check in with the door person by 7pm.
- All music must be played live. CD accompaniment tracks are not allowed.
-Please note that if you need to reschedule your open mic slot, we cannot simply move you to another date. You will have to first cancel your original slot, and then sign up for a new date, in addition to paying the $4 sign-up fee.
* $10 Live CD recordings of a player’s performance are available at the end of the night.
**Finalists and winners are chosen by a panel of anonymous judges in the audience**
Monday night winners receive a $100 cash prize & a slot in the Bi-Annual Open Mic Shootout to compete for a grand prize of $1,000.